Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's my bitch. The broadcast industry wants HD Radio, but where's the push?

August 27, 2020 01:39PM
Ya know... I can tell that I'm getting old, since now I'm bitching more about things that might possibly make sense, but won't happen. Case in point? When the Sony Walkman's were introduced in 1979, they were pretty damned expensive. However, radio stations did walkman give-aways in the early 1980's. And, I remember in 1982 a station doing a "$1,000 Stereo Component System Give-Away!". I also remember car stereo system give-aways. Then, when CD Players came out, there were stations that did give-aways of CD players and CD's themselves. They actually did the CD thing until the early 2000's as well as DVD's and Blue Ray. But, does anyone ever remember an AM Stereo station promoting AM Stereo capable receivers to gave away? Yeah... Neither do I. Fast Forward to +30 years later. There are several stations that are IBOC for HD Radio. Most of them are struggling, and most listeners are either listening on-line, or to that station's analog counter part. But, just how many of these stations are actually promoting the HD Radio receivers that can receive the HD Radio signal? (Uh-huh... Crickets.) Station managers!!! Have a clue!!! If stations are willing to do the expense to push a digital medium, then go all the way. Promote and do contest give-aways of HD Radios. There... That's my latest bitch and passing thoughts on the subjects.
Subject Author Views Posted

Here's my bitch. The broadcast industry wants HD Radio, but where's the push?

ThaDood 631 August 27, 2020 01:39PM

Re: Here's my bitch. The broadcast industry wants HD Radio, but where's the push?

jtart 566 August 27, 2020 02:23PM

Re: Here's my bitch. The broadcast industry wants HD Radio, but where's the push?

cosmikdebris 552 August 28, 2020 10:53AM

jtart 555 August 29, 2020 02:13PM

ThaDood 540 August 29, 2020 02:16PM

Radio Animal 541 September 03, 2020 02:37PM

ThaDood 543 September 03, 2020 03:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login