Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Xiegu G90. Did the EXT Speaker MOD, and discovered weird Split FREQ feature.

January 02, 2022 01:06PM
Not having an EXT Speaker Jack option really bugs me about this rig, so I did one. Using leftover ribbon cable, I used 3 strands to work that through the top side of the back ACC Port and tapped from the INT Speaker that way and ran the EXT OPEN / CLOSED circuit 1/8" connector. Works pretty well. There's only a 1/2W of audio, but it's enough to drive EXT speakers for better audio, than the 1 1/4" top-side INT speaker. And, a weird feature showed-up in Memory Mode. Now, I've known that this rig has Split VFO A/B, and in theory, you can work non-PL'ed 10M FM repeaters that way. But, I didn't know that the Splits also seem to work in Memory Mode. So, when it seems that I'm not being heard by anyone, I am still TX'ing, but not where the Main FREQ Display shows. I can't even find that feature in the manuals, and want to disable that. Yeah, I can easily match RX / TX but hitting the A/B VFO button, but I never came across a rig that did that in Memory channels. Huh... So, I'm apparently still learning this rig. Weird....
Subject Author Views Posted

The Xiegu G90 SDR 20W HF rig? Nice!!!!

ThaDood 435 November 29, 2021 01:47PM

Re: Xiegu G90. Did the EXT Speaker MOD, and discovered weird Split FREQ feature.

ThaDood 318 January 02, 2022 01:06PM

Re: Xiegu G90. A decent AM'er? Someone believes so...

ThaDood 312 January 09, 2022 02:15PM

Re: The Xiegu G90 SDR 20W HF rig? Someone else did the EXT Speaker MOD!

ThaDood 267 February 28, 2022 02:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login