Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Xiegu G90 SDR 20W HF rig? Nice!!!!

November 29, 2021 01:47PM
I've just bought a used one. I like the idea of all-in-one package and not have a computer tied to yet another appliance. So, has anyone tried this rig on AM TX to see how it sounds?
UPDATE 11/29/2021: The rig from MTC, (Main Trading Co.,), [www.mtcradio.com] for $369.00, free shipping, came Saturday. So, got 1/2 of Sunday to try it out. Date code is Jan. 2021, so a pretty recent 2nd-hand rig. Gotta' say, for that 'lil 1.8" DIA OLED screen, it's very sharp and concise. Even did a Toronto, ON P.O.T.A. Station on 1st try. Nice, to have eyes as well as ears. I've yet to try an AM QSO on this rig, but certainly plan too and see what opinions that I get. So far, only complaints are that the COMP is all, or nothing, so you have to 'Ride-The-Gain' on the mic. CW decoder is iffy, at best, but I'm still trying the learn the rig's 'Sweet-spot' there. And, when to goto programmed Memory Channels, you can't tune off from them, like you can with many other rigs, which is my preference of band and mode switching. Still, these are not deal-breakers by any means. And consider this, how much would you pay for a separate antenna analyzer? It has one built-in! . My MFJ-259C was like $250.00, and my original MFJ-269 PRO was like $500.00 in 2005. So, nice!!!! QRP'ers will like this rig going down to 1W. The no EXT Speaker Jack??? I plan to make one. Looks doable. [www.eham.net]
More later, when I can get more time with this rig.
Subject Author Views Posted

The Xiegu G90 SDR 20W HF rig? Nice!!!!

ThaDood 435 November 29, 2021 01:47PM

Re: Xiegu G90. Did the EXT Speaker MOD, and discovered weird Split FREQ feature.

ThaDood 319 January 02, 2022 01:06PM

Re: Xiegu G90. A decent AM'er? Someone believes so...

ThaDood 312 January 09, 2022 02:15PM

Re: The Xiegu G90 SDR 20W HF rig? Someone else did the EXT Speaker MOD!

ThaDood 267 February 28, 2022 02:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login