Covering Free Radio Activity from Sept 18 – Sept 24

WEEKY DEADLINE

Saturdays at 0000 UTC (Friday night in North America

Editor This Week: Dave Turnick

EDITORS:

Harold Frodge (99crawdads@gmail.com)

David Turnick (caodwolf@gmail.com)

Larry Will (radio@zappahead.net)

Send your logs to all editors in case of editor changes.

To subscribe to the Free Radio Weekly, please send an email to all the editors with a request to be added, or to change your email address.

Free Radio Weekly is an e-mail only newsletter devoted to the hobby of listening to Pirates and distributed free to those who contribute.

Contributors

-Chris Gay, KY

-Mark Taylor, WI

-Rick Barton, Sun City, AZ RS SW-2000629 and indoor wire. Drake SW1 and longwire, oriented for E/W rx

-William Hassig, williamhassig@yahoo.com

-Ken Zichi, radioguy73@gmail.com

-Ron Taylor, WI

-Larry Will, Mount Airy, MD

-Glenn Hauser, P O Box 1684, Enid OK 73702 wghauser@yahoo.com

All Times UTC

NORTH AMERICAN LOGS

Sycko Radio

3230 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Sycko Radio, 0150, 9/19/21. Sycko with some talk and ID’s with visits from some classic pirate routines including Voice of laryngitis. Poor. (Taylor – WI)

Nuttin’ on Shortwave

6925 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Nuttin’ on Shortwave, 2336, 9/12/21. Just caught the end of the show after trying for some time with an ID, electronic blues, 2343 off. Poor. (Taylor – WI)

KDOG

6925 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) KDOG (P), 0140, 9/18/21. Program of nice Delta blues, SSTV (dog on his back with paw up waving “hi”), faded down and gone in about 1 minute at 0151. Others got a KDOG SSTV at 0154. Poor. (Taylor – WI)

Radio Genix

6935 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Radio Genix, 0043, 9/19/21. Do wop and other early 60’s songs. Listening off and on since there were a lot of other pirates on … 0103 “Mr. Postman,” …0135 easy listening version of the Major Bogey march, ID into contemporary dance music. Signal varying a great deal from poor to good as evening progressed. (Taylor – WI)

6955 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Radio Genix, 2327, 9/12/21. Sign on with ID into rock, test and off at 2328. Fair. (Taylor – WI)

Radio Genix, 6935usb, 9-19-21, 0124utc on Normal IL sdr, weak S7 signal with low noise, song: "hotel California", at 0128 switched to Barrington Hills IL sdr with same results, drunken C&W tune "another man done gone". (Hassig-IL)

9/20, 0015, 6935am. Classic hits, You've Lost That Loving Feeling. s15, very good. Radio Genix per hfu logs. (Will-MD)

Outhouse Radio

6950 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Outhouse Radio, 2314, 9/12/21. Documentary on Blind Willy McTell (delta blues guitarist), 2358 documentary ends, SSTV (New Orleans food display with "Outhouse Radio"), delta blues (prob. Blind Willy McTell), STV (Outhouse with radio tower "Outhouse Radio"), hard rock, Outhouse talking about the frequency, ID into guitar rock, talking about Captain Morgan and other pirate topics. Poor – fair. (Taylor – WI)

6955 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Outhouse Radio, 0003, 9/18/21. Several Stevie Nicks songs in a row with some very low unintelligible talk at one point, an SSTV of her, then and SSTV (drawing of a dog winking with “No matter where you go, there you are. Outhouse Radio). Signal strength dropped from fair to poor with more Stevie Nicks, SSTV (poor decode), bit more singing, SSTV (“Woof” KDOG” [original SSTV) “Outhouse Dream” in red on bottom). “Stuck in the middle with you,” SSTV (picture of a dog jumping into the passenger side of a car “Start the car!!!!! I just shit in his yard.”) couple of songs, SSTV 4 SSTV – dog with head out a car window in the wind, shaggy brown dog looking out a car window, picture of a dog from the end of his long snout, “Outhouse Radio” with outhouse drawing & antenna sticking out chimney; off. (Taylor – WI)

6975 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Outhouse Radio, 0106, 9/19/21. 2 blues then lost signal. Others heard Outhouse congratulating Wolverine on his broadcast and an SSTV just after I lost the signal. Signal started out poor, peaked at fair, and then abruptly dropped out. (Taylor – WI)

Outhouse Radio / KDOG, 6955usb, 9-18-21, 0025utc on Normal IL sdr, fair/poor S7 to S9 signal with noise due to storms in the north half of Illinois, hear a tune by Fleetwood Mack, SSTV/FAX at 0029½ utc, then song "don't stop thinking about tomorrow", SSTV/FAX at 0035utc, at 0037 song "stuck in the middle with you", at 0040 SSTV/FAX then heavy metal tune, at 0051 three SSTV/FAX, announcement "K-dog" then one more SSTV/FAX then off. (Hassig-IL)

Wasteland Radio

6950 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Wasteland Radio, 0218, 9/18/21. Light piano music, chimes, bells, Gamelan bells, mellow instrumental music. Series of SSTV building on the same picture of a man sitting on the trunk of a car in a desolate landscape (“Soothing music for the Wastelanders.”) same with "6950 USB 18 SEP 0025", same with “Outhouse over the air QSL” then a series of waterfall images of a clown or gargoyle and “WLR Wasteland Radio”, SSTV “WLR Wasteland Radio,” last with original image and last QSL info. With red “WLR.”, off. Fair signal. (Taylor – WI)

WTF Radio Worldwide

6960 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) WTF Radio Worldwide, 0010, 9/19/21. End of song, ID into a program of rock music with periodic ID’s and some talk. Still going at 0200. Fair to good. (Taylor – WI)

WTF Radio Worldwide, 6960am/usb, 9-19-21, 0001utc on Normal IL sdr, poor S7 to S9 signal, hear male singing slow pop tune, came back at 0104utc after Wolverine ended and was now on USB with fair/good S9 signal. (Hassig-IL)

6960-AM, Sept 19 at 0009, JBA pirate, S3-S4. HFU says WTF Radio Worldwide:[www.hfunderground.com] (Glenn Hauser, OK,)

WJACKN

6969 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) WJACKN, 0205, 9/18/21. Electronic music into a younger sounding man talking in a stream of consciousness way about music to play and into a rambling, often disjointed, uninteresting, boring monologue. Fair to good signal strength in quiet conditions. (Taylor – WI)

Ballsmacker Radio

6960 AM PIRATE (No. Am.) Ballsmacker Radio, 0058, 9/18/21. IS, ID into pop music. Fair to good signal strength, however very noisy frequency making listening unpleasant. (Taylor – WI)

Ball Smacker Radio, 6960am, 9-18-21, 0100utc on both Normal IL and Barrington Hills IL sdr's, fair S9 to S9+10 signal on both, soft pop tune I've heard B4 but can't ID, big band tune "beyond the sea", Ball Smacker ID at 0107utc, at 0127 QRM on lower sideband DE data transmission on 6955usb, at 0133 song "I ran so far away", at 0037 old song "sea cruise" from 1959, nice program, thanks. (Hassig-IL)

Wolverine Radio

6975 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Wolverine Radio, 0011, 9/19/21. “We gotta get out of this place,” “You are the last woman” into program of “out” themed songs with ID every 3rd song, 0100 “echo” ID, SSTV (baseball umpire calling a player out at home plate with “Wolverine Radio”). Good to armchair. (Taylor – WI)

Wolverine Radio, 6975usb, 9-19-21, 0004utc on Normal IL sdr, fair/good S9+ signal, hear swing and blues tunes from 1930's and 1940's, The Animals: "we gotta get outta this place", song: "reach out, I'll be there" at 0017utc, Wolverine ID at 0020utc, several audio glitches during broadcast, at 0101 echo ID followed by SSTV/FAX. Thanks for the nice program. (Hassig-IL)

6975-USB, Sept 19 at 0008, strong pirate must have just come on, big band music, 0011 Wolverine Radio ID. HFU already reports songs with ``Out`` in their titles. [www.hfunderground.com] (Glenn Hauser, OK,)

YHWH

9/19, 2015, 11840/AM. Came up on the channel after closing before w/ improved signal (azimuth change-?), starting by going into "false Messiah" monologue. -- Good. (Barton-AZ)

YHWH 9/19, 1930, 11840/AM. In progress at tune-in with anti-Christian "Josiah Elias" with his station ID, monologues talking of how easy it is to trick the masses, and Jewish take on coming of the Messiah. ID again w/ improved signal level at 1957. "Cease operation" Ann at 2008, foll by Days of Hard Life song. Post-closing Ann by operator at 2013 & off -- Fair; Good on peaks. (Barton-AZ)

YHWH 9/18, 1645, 11840/AM; in progress at tune-in with anti-Christian "Josiah Elias", usual Old Testament monologues. Ten Commandments bit at 1700, anti-Christian, anti-Christ material (heard before, so not new recording), anti-jingoism burn-your-flags bit. Unable to monitor whole bx today, so we don't know what time the station closed. -- Steady; Good (Barton-AZ)

11840, Sun Sept 19 at 2046 UT, anti-Christ pirate Station YHWH, good S9/+10 into Alberta SDR, as Josiah Elias preaches about coveting. Tnx to tips on the WOR iog from Rick Barton, AZ; and employing various different SDRs, Eric Fetters-Walp, WA, and Walt Salmaniw, BC. (Glenn Hauser, OK,)

Foxy-AM

6925/AM Foxy-AM w/music and chatter, but the modulation of the voice was really weak, and hard to make out. Some of the tunes played were Teddy Pendergrass “It Don’t Hurt Now” and Cigarettes After Sex “Crush”. At the end, the OM announcer said the transmitter was ‘about to catch fire ‘so he’d sign off, and then gave email address and ID FoxyAM@protonmail.com”. Weak and the local noise was back (but maybe not as bad as before? This may require more ear time and investigation!) 343+42+ music better than voice. 0012- 0034* 23/Sep RSPdx +SDRuno +ANC-4 +random wire --Zichi MI

Mix Radio International

6940/U Mix Radio International with their usual wide band and really nice sounding signal, with music and IDs. Today’s selections included things like “Every- body Wants to Rule the World” (Tears for Fears), “19” (Paul Hardcastle) Simple Minds’ “Promised You a Miracle” and “The Big Heat” (Stan Ridgway) among many others. Several IDs including one as I tuned out at 0006, and by then the power had come back on, but they were so strong that the noise did not create issues. 454+44 and sounded really nice opened up to 5 kHz bandwidth. 2328-0008 22-23/Sep RSPdx +SDRuno +ANC-4 random wire --Zichi MI

6940-USB, Sept 22 at 2358, dense rock music at S8-S9; 2405 YL ID as Mix Radio, International. 6940-6945 area is normally avoided due to ute bonker circa 6942 but none of that now. More reports here including from MRI herself:
[www.hfunderground.com] ``Thanks for tuning in to MRI. Just doing a test after restoring my windows backup partition out to the stream TX remote location. I am still working on the QSL’s from the classical show. Doing a little over 8k audio. « Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 2359 UTC by M R I(Glenn Hauser, OK,)

Nowhere Radio

9/20, 0033, 6974.9am. Presumed Nowhere Radio with electronic prog music. s7, good. (Will-MD)

Radio Jamba International

9/20, 0026, 6925am. Captain Ganja LSD mashup song, "Man am I ripped...please help me...I'm in the A&P in Mount Kisco." Brief utility QRM at 0030. Radio Jamba International ID at 0039, and off. s7/s9, good. (Will-MD)

UNIDS

6925 USB, 9-19-21, 1725-1735+ UTC. Heard the letters "WOOGE" sent in CW with a fairly good signal. For the rest of the time, seemed to hear little snippets of music for a few seconds at a time. Maybe it was continuous and just fading badly. I am so confused. I stuck with it for 10 minutes then moved on. (Gay-KY).

6887 AM PIRATE (No. Am.) Unidentified, 0000, 9/15/21. Very weak signal just before 0000, then signal jumped up with funk, “Windy,” into program of country pop, pop, surf music, etc. Fair – good. Signal abruptly dropped to poor at0028, then off mid song at 0030. (Taylor – WI)

6930 USB PIRATE (No. Am.) Unidentified, 0140, 9/18/21. Somewhat weird, chaotic program. Very experimental electronic music with sounds alternating with pulsing note interrupted by brief tones. Few sentences of a story about “navigate,” pause, drilling sound, YL telephone synth voice, section of words, sounds, looped words and phrases, bits from hurricane Katrina interviews and newscasts, more words, sounds, etc. Good signal strength in quiet conditions. (Taylor – WI)

6935/U UNID ‘Music and no ID’ station that fooled me into thinking it might be Texas Radio Shortwave with the second song I heard, but I’m pretty sure it was NOT them. They played songs like Karla Bonoff “Someone To Lay Down Beside Me” and “Yellow Rose of Texas” at 03. At: 07 “La Paloma” by Connie Francis, and At: 09someone doing a ‘50s sounding pop/Rock’ version of “My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean”. At: 11 into a mostly instrumental tune I did not recognize. At: 13 into The Cadillacs’ ”Speedo”. At: 14 into Rockwell’s “Somebody’s Watching Me” (a GOOD tune!) and at: 19 into Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”. At: 22 Perry Como’s “Magic Moments” (whoever this was he certainly did not stick with any specific genre!). At: 25 a syntho-pop tune I have not heard before. Cut off briefly at :31, in the middle of Bee Gees“Don’t Forget to Remember” but back in less than 30 seconds, and continuing with “Baltimore’s “Tarzan Boy” and then apparently off at :34 w/out announcements. Decent modulation, and occasionally faded up to ‘good’ but mostly 35443+ 0201-0234* 19/Sep 3+5443+RSPdx +SDRuno random wire --Zichi MI2

6981 AM, 9-23-21, 2230-2256+ UTC. Music by Little Feat, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Bonal Monahan, Joe Walsh, Classics IV, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, others. Peaking 20 dB over S9 in central Kentucky. I had to pull away at 2256. I see even HFU did not get an ID. (Gay-KY).

9/24, 1951, 6970am. Fox News relay with fair to good signal, 15-25 dBu. Still going at 2029. (Will-MD)

EURO AND SOUTH AMERICA LOGS

None reported

EURO AND SOUTH AMERICAN UNID:

None reported

QSLS / SSTV / OTHER STUFF

None reported

Electronic Mail Addresses for stations
[piratedatabase.webhop.net]

73’s & good hunting…

Dave
Subject Author Views Posted

Free Radio Weekly #1331

cosmikdebris 390 September 25, 2021 09:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login