Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: X-mas Part #15 TX still on-air, sort of... Mobile FM's?

January 24, 2021 02:06AM
Weird! All this time and I never noticed there was an FM section to the FRN, shows I haven't been looking since its return a few years ago.

Yes, 87.9, I do the same, even at home I can get stations on that frequency by just keeping a sensitive radio tuned there. I can tell when a car is just passing through, or is stopped at a light for a while because the signal will hold.

Several years back I'd always get a station in the parking lot behind my local Dollar General on 87.9, usually playing some easy music, and sometimes a talk show with a real 'sharp' host, sounded P. o.'d all the time. I thought it was a pirate maybe relaying radio and TV audio, and it was always there, every time, for 2 years, then suddenly it was gone and never heard again.

In the mean time I'd found out that the audio was from Sirius, hearing one of their IDs, and I'd guess it was a home radio, since it was always on. The range was about a quarter mile radius, and it was gone pretty fast, with a few blips outside of that range.
Subject Author Views Posted

X-mas Part #15 TX still on-air, sort of... Mobile FM's?

ThaDood 768 January 23, 2021 02:27PM

Radio Animal 686 January 24, 2021 02:06AM

cosmikdebris 674 January 26, 2021 10:41AM

cosmikdebris 682 January 26, 2021 03:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login