Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: For those whom like to use software audio processing.

October 14, 2023 06:44PM
I like how Forza looks, and I think it's just for use in 'The Cloud', for the new way radio is being done today, remotely. Forza would probably run on a separate server at the transmitter and the producer's audio would stream through it to be processed, and you could see the settings of the processor on your screen back at the station or at home through a browser window, that seems to be how it's working.

For those needing an audio processor that works on the local machine, and is like Forza, you might want to try "MB Process" by Horn Plans:

[hornplans.free.fr]

I think software is okay, if you test it out fully with your computer and your machine can handle it. Adding an extra program to a computer is always going to make it work harder, and it's true, it could be a certain percentage less stable, but it's like anything, you want to test and tweak it for a production environment, like use on the air. If the programs play nice together, it can work.

I know people who like the most analog they can get in their systems, and not too long ago in the scheme of things I was still chatting to folks who liked tube AM transmitters better. Why not, do it your own way, this is still America. I'd like an Optimod too, but I think about how the listener doesn't know what the station is running anyway.

There are several, maybe dozens and more compressors and limiters in software, as well as full processing suites that can do all you'd even need for FM stereo, such as Hellfire and they're low cost, even free to try and use some of them, or have free modes.

Usually the more functions in the software, the more powerful computer you need, but unless you're on a netbook, or old laptop or desktop, you can run most of them, and a playback software, like Zara or iTunes, or the new Salamandra, which is like Zara for newer versions of Windows. As long as you use what your computer can handle easily, you're good. You can make a whole audio system with just one computer and its audio going out to the transmitter, all processed.

Boomer
Subject Author Views Posted

For those whom like to use software audio processing.

ThaDood 272 May 10, 2023 10:45AM

Re: For those whom like to use software audio processing.

Radio Animal 71 October 14, 2023 06:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login