Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

JTA made me a W.O.G. believer!

April 11, 2023 01:17PM
Last year, after JTA swearing to me to try this, I've decides to make another W.O.G., (Windom On GND.). The feed point is a W2DU 4:1 Current Balun, one W.O.G. 60ft leg runs down hill, into the valley floor, and away from the power lines, and the other 123ft leg is hugging the hill point, then head down hill. I also have a GND tap on the Balun at the outer SO-239. Then, about a 50ft run on leftover RG-8X, (Mini-8.), coax to the Beverage ANT Input of my rig. And??? Have you ever DX'ed and QSO'ed on the VHF / UHF bands, like 144.200MHz, 222.100MHz, or 432.100MHz, in CW / SSB? That's what I get now for a noise floor on MW, 160M, 75M / 80M, 60M, and 40M. I do hear lightning crashes, still, but at a few S-units, and not crashing at S+20/9. A station at S1 sounds like it could be at S9 strength. Reception is more, or less, regional. I do still hear the Euro-big-guns, like those EA1 / EA2 stations, but I can listen to low bands during the warm season, again. YEA!!!! Still, experimenting. Can I TX on this? Well, the match spectrum-wide is anywhere from 1.7:1 to a flat 1.1:1! (Interesting...) Question is, does this W.O.G. radiate, or is it an over bloated dummyload? Oh yeah... The wire is trashed CATV RG-11 coax, where I use the AL shield, coated with that PVC jacket. A bit of a pain to work with, but should last outside for years. Should...
Subject Author Views Posted

JTA made me a W.O.G. believer!

ThaDood 177 April 11, 2023 01:17PM

Re: JTA made me a W.O.G. believer!

Radio Animal 136 April 12, 2023 08:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login