Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Album AM's, 846kHz, site and antennas look.

August 13, 2022 12:43AM
When I first saw it, with the 'hula hoops' and everything, I thought of your antenna, and I don't see other antenna top hats out there like it. I think Album AM's antenna looks like an Olympic statue.

That station isn't a pirate or Part-15, it's run under Netherlands rules, with licenses that individuals can get to broadcast with up to 25 watts, (100 w PEP is how they put it). Since stations are run by the government there, they took all of their own stations off air. Pirates had always been sneaking on the airwaves there, and someone suggested that since the band isn't being used, why not let individuals use it.

There are fees for several items that the government requires, like license, enforcement, and some other district fee, and it goes by size of station, whether you're under 1 watt rules or 100, but the fact remains that they have legally sanctioned low power broadcast radio in the Netherlands.

We have Part-15 in several forms, and that's not bad, but I hope one day we get some kind of LPAM service like the Netherlands so that we could give a little more service to our listeners.

Boom
Subject Author Views Posted

Album AM's, 846kHz, site and antennas look.

ThaDood 315 July 30, 2022 01:14PM

Re: Album AM's, 846kHz, site and antennas look.

Radio Animal 213 August 13, 2022 12:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login