Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WDOG 6850 AM 00:03-01:34* SIO 344

January 27, 2024 08:12PM
WDOG 6850 AM 00:03-01:34* SIO 3+4+4 highly listenable AM signal

DJ doesn't know what the theme will be tonight.

00:03 My Sharona by The Knack. 'It's not the lady's name that's in common with these songs'.

00:09 Clash - London Calling. 'Maybe they're all xylophone songs?

00:12 Van Halen - Dance The Night Away. 'Maybe it's something to do with the year, I do a lot of those shows.'

00:15 Journey, Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'

00:19 "This is WDOG broadcasting to no-one in particular, except you."

00:19 Blondie Track, Sunday Girl, with French lyrics also.

00:23 I Don't Like Mondays by Boomtown Rats. DJ: "That doesn't happen any more"

00:26 Police, Walkin' On The Moon

00:30 Professor Magnetron just found his notes, and it's 1979, he says. That must be the theme. Into Gary Numan - In Cars. Starting to get some propagation effects, but SAM mode is holding the signal well.

00:34 '1979, it was a good year' Into Cars' It's All I Can Do

00:38 Dire Straits - Lady Writer

00:42 '1979, Lots of the new bands were starting to hit their stride, lots of the old bands from the '70s were wrapping it up.' Into Led Zeppelin - The Love That I Found.

00:48 W-D-O-G singing ID with howl. David Bow-wow's Don't Look Back In Anger. Sound like a text message came in.

00:51 "We're gonna hear a song about a cat, and that's going to get the cats riled up" Into Squeeeze's Cool For Cats. To the dogs: 'Come on now, one song about a kitty cat.. there are some nice cats out there" WDOG apologize for playing a song about cats, 'so much for diversity, equity and inclusion.' as dogs growl.

00:55 'Now that that's done, let's move on and forget it' into Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

00:58 Barking Heads - This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around.

01:00 "Okay now.." and then WDOG ID sung. ELO and Don't Bring Me Down.

01:05 'A request now, from another dimension' Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Here Comes My Girl

01:10 "Here comes my squirrrrl" sung by DJ, on one of the easiest shows he's done. Dream Police by Cheap Trick.

01:13 "And now, for something completely different.." in a voice pitched up, like the 'Martian' setting in a voice changer box. Pretenders 'Kid'

01:15 "This is WDOG" .. To the dogs, and beyond" into Romantics - What I Like About You

01:19 'Rainbow' Since You've Been Gone.

01:22 "Going to wrap things up with a little Floyd, on WDOG." Into Comfortably Numb. 'You are receiving, coming through in waves, shortwaves that is' added by DJ. Also added a growl over the scream in the song!

01:28 By the way, which one is.. Too many rum and cokes. Freak Like Me by Sugarbabes with 'It's all about the dog in me' lyric.

01:33 I think the show is over, you might want to tune to another

01:34 carrier off

Station comes on with robot voice to advertise to tune to mediumwave for a test, it doesn't seem like WDOG's signal. AM and then upper sideband.

Audio: WDOG in opus browser audio

Nice stable signal for shortwave, like listening to a station on the AM broadcast band tonight. S-7-S-8. 5 khz audio bandwidth, with what looks like a smooth low pass roll-off in the high frequencies. Many barks and howls throughout the show.

1979, that's my Year Of The Dog too! Great show, especially that the signal was nice tonight, and I was glad to hear this classic broadcaster.
Subject Author Views Posted

WDOG 6850 AM 00:03-01:34* SIO 344

Radio Animal 111 January 27, 2024 08:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login