Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ballsmacker Radio 6960 00:58-02:45 SIO 3s

August 25, 2023 10:06PM
Ballsmacker Radio 6960 in AM *00:58-02:45* SIO 433 in storm crackling, consistent S-9 signal.

00:58 Sign on with interval signal

01:00 Good evening.. into American Woman

01:05 Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now

01:07 The Four Seasons - Who Loves You

01:11 From some wire stuck up in a tree, Ballsmacker Radio. Bowled strike sound effect into Who's Crying Now by Journey

01:16 'They ain't gonna want you hanging around'.. Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You

01:18 Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better from the Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me

01:21 "The Ballsmacker, 6960 kilohertz AM" into George Thorogood - Who Do You Love

01:26 CCR - Who'll Stop The Rain

01:28 The Who - Who Are You single version

01:32 "Tonight we have a special theme, if you can guess what it is, write to .. valid reception reports will receive a special e-QSL" Into Who's Zoomin' Who by Aretha.

01:36 who was that man, I'd like to shake his hand, Who Put The Bomp - Barry Mann

01:39 Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now

01:42 "We don't have a real license.. Ballsmacker Radio" Into Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me.

01:47 Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World (Live) "That was a David Bowie song"

01:51 Mr. Big Stuff by Jean Knight

01:54 Tonight we have a special theme, if you can guess what it is.. write. Valid reception reports get an e-QSL. 'Whoever you are, I want to thank you' which is Geggy Tah - Whoever You Are

01:58 Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart. Gotta be a Bachrach and David song there.

Some hefty selective fading is starting on the signal now, even affecting SAM mode on the Kiwi.

02:01 Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love To Your Old lady, while you're out making love.

02:04 ..Friday night .. it's Ballsmacker Radio into U2, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

02:09 The Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out, who who who who who. I gave a cheer, yeah!

02:12 Gene Pitney - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

02:15 Bon Jovi - Who Says You Can't Go Home Lyrics "Like a blind dog without a bone"

02:19 Ben Folds Five - The Battle Of Who Could Care Less

02:23 Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods - Who Do You Think You Are. Has a Todd Rundgren sound.

02:26 'Greatest hits of all time, the Ballsmacker' into AC-DC Who Made Who

02:29 Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul 'another day, another dollar'

02:33 Snoop Doggy Dogg - Who Am I (What's my Name) the uncensored version. A direct nod to P-Funk.

02:38 "Check out our new website at Ballsmacker net." into P!nk – Who Knew

02:41 SSTV, "Ballsmacker Radio" with woman in grey shirt holding a pink bowling ball in front of bowling lanes. That's our show for tonight. Tonight we had a special theme, if you can guess tonight's theme, we'll send a special QSL.. Interval signal to silence

02:45 Carrier off.

------

Audio: The whole darn show

Heard the whole thing! Nice consistent signal, stayed within S7-S9 almost all of the time, a few fades but never gone. As the second hour started they hit a patch of selective fading and the Kiwi's display started to show diagonal comb filter lines in the signal, but because I was listening in SAM mode, the sound stayed clear. Signal dropped a bit at this point.

I like how going by theme gives a wide set of pop music selections, without sticking tightly to a single genre.

Thanks for the show!

Boome (because of FSK ID: BALLSMACKE)
Subject Author Views Posted

Ballsmacker Radio 6960 00:58-02:45 SIO 3s

Radio Animal 174 August 25, 2023 10:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login