Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: WDOG on 6935 USB at 0016 5/17

May 16, 2023 09:24PM
WDOG 6935U, 01:07 TO 02:15* SIO ALL FOURS!

01:07 Acoustic guitar ballad "Coyote on top of the hill, doing the things coyotes will.. looks at the moon, he starts to howl.. Coyote up on a mountain top" Jackal at the top of the hill, doing the things jackals will.. You gotta cast the first stone" With howls, ah I think I know who this is.. Welcome fellow canine!

01:11 Ted Nugent, Cat Scratch Fever, with Dog Eat Dog mixed in! Great mash-up song, I gotta get this!

01:15 .. WDOG concluding its broadcast. Song, sounds like The Who, "All I can do is love you, like you've been loving me all along."

01:18 Sugar Babes - Freak Like Me, Samples 'Are Friends Electric' with lyric: "It's all about the dog in me"

01:23 Many howls, bit of Freak Like Me started again, just a couple of beats of the intro.

01:24 Off air..... No wait, song 'Falling' started, sounds like it's still WDOG's transmitter, maybe put a new tape in?

01:26 WDOG ID, playing popular songs.. Into Beatles - And Your Bird Can Sing.

01:28 "And here is a mystery band" into song The Night Before

01:31 "This is WDOG, with songs you not normally hear on radio."

01:34 "It's true, this is WDOG, it's true, we have a mystery band I want to tell you about" into song, If I Needed Someone.

01:36 This is WDOG, and now a word from our sponsors" into dog growls and song that sounds like The Beatles "Don't bring your troubles to me"

01:39 "Ya, WDOG for you, I play this." into Beatles' Shoulda Known Better, dog yowl sing-along.

01:41 'Is this a popular song?' Beatles' I'm Looking Through You.

01:44 "I'm looking through shortwave on the 41 meter band" Beatles It's Only Love.

01:46 Welcome special edition WDOG, songs you don't normally hear..

01:48 "Who is this mystery band, and why can't they get any air play?" into She Said

01:51 Here's a fancy tune... songs about dogs" into Hey Bulldog.

01:54 "WDOG, and now it gets weird." Yup, don't know this song.

01:56 "A very difficult task, WDOG is confused" into Baby You're A Rich Man

01:59 Song piano about Betty?

02:00 "WDOG Shortwave" deep voice ID into Blue Jay Way

02:05 "Live in living color, this is WDOG" with Me And My Monkey

02:07 "WDOG, broadcasting in monographic sound" into, 'Can You Take Me Back' short song, "Thank you very much for listening to WDOG.." into I Want You/She's So Heavy, with puppy sounds.

02:15 Another half second of Freak Like Me, Sign Off

----------

Recording: WDOG full listening experience

Steady, recliner quality listening and clear audio with 4000 hz frequency response, refreshing to hear 'Mystery band, the Beatles, with songs whose vocals come through clearly in SSB.

Good point about the Beatles, with their huge catalog and band recognition and reputation, they barely get played on the radio. It's the same with Elvis, radio only scratches the surface. What, are all records worn out or something, tapes burned up in some fire-trap warehouse? I have some feeling it could be licensing problems, that their estates might want killer amounts of money to play them, so stations stay away. I think more Rutles should get played!

Great to hear WDOG, I love this station, it's all about the dog in me!
Subject Author Views Posted

WDOG on 6935 USB at 0016 5/17

BramStoker 135 May 16, 2023 07:18PM

Re: WDOG on 6935 USB at 0016 5/17

Radio Animal 98 May 16, 2023 09:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login