Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Radio Free Whatever on 6950 USB at 2232, 3/25

March 25, 2023 07:43PM
Radio Free Whatever 6950U 22:02-00:27 SIO All Fours

Tonight, 3-25-23. No interferenice from other stations, save a tweet from sounders I think I heard. Fairly dominated the channel, this whole band was clean tonight.

22:03 ID "?" into techno rock song, lyric 'Never Let Me Go, we will be beacons, shining so bright..' 'Brand new Depeche Mode, from their new album, Momento ??' Soundtrack music before

22:08 "Hello HF Underground DXers.. list of names, with a request played for CT Yankee ".. on Raaadio Free Whateva"

22:10 Requested song: Bottom Of The Ocean Boulevard

22:14 ID, the best music you've never heard, into neo psych song about a girl, I think a dog was mentioned. Later DJ said it was She's Gone Cold.

22:19 Easy indie song, lyric 'Hold on tight, you remind me of Stars in the sky'

22:24 Mixed ID into .. DJ talking about Mashed Potatoes. DXer roll call

22:29 Slow guitar rock, sounds like female vocalist.

22:32 ID 'Radio Free Whatever, the coolest station in shortwave.' Punk tune, Lyrics, 'in between.. tell me I'm ready to go'

22:35 ID "Shortwave pirate radio never sounded this good.. Whateverrrr." Song, lyric, 'I require your undivided, heart and soul' Has a Red Hot Chili Peppers feel. JD McPhearson, DJ Dickweed said after song.

22:39 DJ says "..it's raining everywhere, it's Mother Nature urinating on us." Song about the rain, maybe feel the rain.

22:44 "The best radio station in the world is right here, Radio Free Whatever" ID. Song, lyric: '.. I just sit down and shut up.. 'Come alive in the night time, when everybody else is done.' New pop rock.

22:47 "Flagship of the pirate radio armada, this is Radio Free Whatever" ID into rappy song, plenty of samples. 'I'd like to take you, give it to me' Indigo Desalza DJ said.

22:51 "a weird and unusual song there Sego - Pandang .. Hello to more listeners that have checked in." Propagation getting weak.. I did get a request for some classic Depeche Mode a while ago, More Than A Party" plays song.

22:57 ID "Broadcasting live from Trump Towers, wait a minute.. Radio Free Whatever" Into new pop song, lyric "In night, we fight .. I decided, decided'

23:00 Somewhere out there .. a cover of the Cranberries, Blondshell - Disappointment. Trying to play you the best of indie rock from around the world.. DJ Dickweed." Into song

23:05 "From us, to the ionosphere, to you, this is Radio Free Whatever" into upbeat pop rocker, lyrics not heard. Eyelids, swinging in the circuis

23:09 "Whateverrrr" quick drop, into song, lyric, 'into your brown eyes' DJ says: "Pax - Brown eyes. Checking in the HFU and listeners tuning in.

23:11 DJ introducing the next song: "These Crooked kings - Sick Of Being Young, they want to go to the nudie bars, and they want to be older."

23:15 RFW ID, into tune with piano intro, lyric, Don't you think I know exactly what I am.. I'm just a girl in the world, living in captivity.. and I've had it up to here" Almost sounds like Cher doing modern rock.

23:20 'Wow! Florence And The Machine - Just A Girl, a cover, a theme song, I don't watch a whole lot of TV.. from Yellowjackets, a TV show. into "Jessica Winter - Like A Knife."

23:23 "Go ahead, smoke another cigarette, and pour yourself another vodka, this is Radio Free Whatever" ID into short song, "Colossus" then a song about 'the new me'.

23:27 Song, "reflects my state of mind, clerk.. just look me in the eyes" lyrics. Back Seat Lovers - Growing ..

23:31 "Booming into central Florida, listener had to attenuate the signal, attenuate this! (loud tone) Just joking" Here is Stuck, Playpen Of Dissent"

23:35 Easy, country style song, lyrics 'Disaster.. and I've got it made, train, whistle blows on foggy night.. touch my skin and hold me'

23:39 "This is Radio Free Whatever" simple ID

**Logger food break, coldcut sandwich**

23:48 Song lyric 'Don't let them take your ..'

23:53 'You're listening to Radio Free Whatever, now should we get on with it?' ID into hard tune, lyric '.. a shiver down your spine' DJ: it's"Born In The Heat"

23:56 "Lazy lazy - Tear It Apart, for the final minutes of the show here."

00:00 ID ".. It's a mad house." Song lyric, "a dream somewhere, aeroplane, sky'

00:03 'Looking round, the darkest places.. like shoe laces. All alone with a kitty cat' lyrics.

00:06 "Last Call, listeners still tuning in. I'll design a t-shirt again, if I get time, maybe if I get hurt at work and have lots of free time.. We're in that grey zone of propagation.."

00:09 Unid Song

00:12 Radio Free Whatever didn't use a low pass filter" Followed by beeped out rant. Make your life a nightmare. Pirate responsibly, always use a low pass filter. Song: '? is my favorite thing.. We both want something more, me and you is my favorite thing'

00:17 Unid song Easy On Your Own?

00:20 ID, song: 'So that we'd never .. ' Vocals run so tight with guitar I can't separate the sounds. DJ Print a pedia? sounds like weezer ripoff The sweater song, very very similar.

00:23 Have to turn off the signal. Thank you so much, everyone who has contributed. Show will be uploaded to Mix LR. Take care and 73s from DJ Dickweed!

00:27 Sign off.

Recording: A good deal of the show from tune-in

Signal was strong and good all the way through, some fading of 10 db or so, but DJ never left us, just got a bit more hissy.

A real DJ with good chops, and funny too, I like his humor and music as I only slightly dance with indie rock myself, for example King Gizzard and other Aussie bands, Frankie And The Witch Fingers, Ariel Pink, more of the odd or experimental groups.

Great show, like the format, live DJ, you indie!

Boomer
Subject Author Views Posted

Radio Free Whatever on 6950 USB at 2232, 3/25

BramStoker 107 March 25, 2023 05:33PM

Re: Radio Free Whatever on 6950 USB at 2232, 3/25

Radio Animal 84 March 25, 2023 07:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login