Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Radio Free Whatever 6955 USB 2332 UTC 1/29/23

January 29, 2023 06:13PM
Radio Free Whatever 6955U 22:26-00:00 SINPO 3, 4+, 4+, 3, 4

22:28 ID, the best radio station in the world, Radio Free Whatever. Into Blondie sounding tune, lyric, 'Can you feel my heartache'

22:31 This is Radio Free Whatever. Into REM style song. Lyric 'You can not come around' .. I left you behind, on mile marker 29..'

22:35 Eastern European rock, metal inflected tune, bit of Zeppelin sound. Lyrics "Little Billy's having fun, little Billy's got a gun' ..

22:40 DJ comes on, It's Dave matthews band - It's not black or white, mad man's eyes, not sure why they went middle eastern. "I am DJ Dick Weed, and this is Radio Free Whatever' Hi to listeners and DXers listening, France, Chicago. "I still have a 'vonderful' show ahead." Into song.

22:45 ID, Progrocker, lyric, 'fourteen million years old, discovering everything that will ever be known' Forever end, forever begin,

22:50 Song, Words 'Sunshine, waiting on the sunshine' by a kid's chorus

22:53 'Station identification, Radio Free Whatever' ID, with great transition into next song!

22:56 Guided By Voices ... 'on Raadio Free Whateva' Into song 'Blood' said the DJ.

22:59 Mixed voiced ID.

#### Sandwich break, dinner time, I had to leave radio screen for 11 minutes. #####

23:11 DJ: 'Kara Kara and Anthony Green - Color Glut (?) Now Motel Radio and

23:16 produced ID: "Go ahead and smoke another cigarette and pour yourself another shot of vodka, this is Radio Free Whateverrrr' by male. Song with lyric, 'I go down and I'll take you with me'

23:19 ID 'DJ Dick Weed..' mixed with other voices cut in, 'Radio Free Whatever' Filtered voice cut right through clearly.

23:23 Molly Payton - Ruins July Talk - Motown Radio .. HF Underground website, thanks to listeners.. Latest posters on the "HF Underground"

23:24 DJ Dick Weed introduces Surf Kurt with Rando Flag.

23:28 "Shortwave's New Rock alternative, this is Radio Free Whatever"

23:32 "Everybody knows who rocks on shortwave .." with testimonials by callers, all great except one who wasn't pleased with the station.

23:34 Song, lyrics: "Fearing the future, mourning the past, .. tell you just what I need, help me carry this weight that's dragging me down.. I want to hear myself think again.."

23:36 Simple ID "Whateverrrr" by female.

23 39 Radio Free Whatever didn't use a low pass filter .. Someone sounding like Whoopie Goldberg on a beeped, profanity-laden rant. "Radio free Whatever reminds you to Pirate responsibly, always use a low-pass filter." (I'd ask, what kind, RF or audio? With this guy's production level, he should do a version of 'always wear sunscreen' as always use the low pass filter, that would be a crack-up, hee hee)

23:45 Short ID "Let's do this thing 'Pirate radio never sounded so good. Whateverr.' Group singing a modern rock track DJ comes out of it and announces: Mia - Honey also Blondshell(?)..

Signal strength drooping a bit here, an S-unit or two from what it was at tune in.

23:49 His 3 hours of stream time per day has run out on line, a few more tunes to go on shortwave. Song by Antibiotic?

23:53 Electronic, midi sounding song starts, "Whateverr" by female mixed into the intro as a drop.

23:56 New rock track with 'Beatles' production sound, DJ says White Weeper - Crawl ? DJ thanking listeners, e-mail address, thanks for listening everybody, goodbye.

00:00 Off air.

Aaaaaaudio: http://boomerthedog.com/radio-free-whatever-1-29-23

-------------------------------------

Now this is a tightly run radio station right here, they're doin' it! It might be because they stream also, and that's where the talent is today, a high level of polish is typically needed to have a good reach on line. Not that I don't mind anyone's efforts at running a free radio station, it takes pains and it's all appreciated.

Audio out to 4 khz, clean looking signal and clear audio on Keewee spectrum display, band is very clear tonight! DJ Dick Weed has his studio technique down, editing is clean.

Ainmal
Subject Author Views Posted

Radio Free Whatever 6955 USB 2332 UTC 1/29/23

cosmikdebris 112 January 29, 2023 05:34PM

Re: Radio Free Whatever 6955 USB 2332 UTC 1/29/23

Radio Animal 88 January 29, 2023 06:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login