Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WDOG 6900 LSB 23:17-23:52 12/7

December 07, 2022 06:06PM

23:17 tune in to instrumental disco version of Patrick Hernandez's Born To Be Alive, with dogs barking over it, and howling, several dogs.

"Hola, Pescador, this is WDOG" announcement by male, with dogs barking

23:20 Santana - Oye Como Va, "ah, W D O G"

23:23 La Bamba 'Talking dog' like in one of the viral videos on line, maybe saying 'how are you?'

23:26 Song like classic folk rock, with 'Corazon' in it and sad dog voices.

23:29 ID WDOG, "Ai Corumba" More music in Spanish.

23:35 noise signal starts on band. Doesn't affect the nice strong WDOG signal much.

23:39 Little Richard style rock and roll song, sounds like 'Good Golly Miss Molly' in Spanish.

23:41 Grateful Dead style song in Spanish

23:44 Spanish punk rock song. Maybe WDOG thought 'Spanish' was something to do with 'Spaniel' when they bought this CD.

23:47 "Casa de Chihuahua" Eastern European style song.

23:49 Digital signal coming from WDOG, as some sort of static wave has overtaken this area of the band and looks like clouds in the sky or ocean waved on the SDR waterfall display. The noise sounds like white noise going through a musician's phaser pedal.

23:52 Seems like WDOG has signed off.

-----------------------------------

Apparently a show done for the 'Pescadores' that were talking on the frequency afterward. Cool to transmit and play for them, hope they liked it!

Good solid, stable signal the whole time, with peaks up to S7, in a quiet band. Held its strength and didn't fade much the whole time, 'armchair listening' as hams would say. Well produced too.

Always like to hear WDOG, I feel right at home with the barking dogs in this world that's all too human. If this is indeed the original station back again, I'm glad to hear it, because it was gone or mostly gone by the time I started listening to pirates on shortwave in the 1990s.

Boomer 'The Dog'
Subject Author Views Posted

Radio Animal 103 December 07, 2022 06:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login