Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Yeah, 9/11, but remember the night of 9/10/2001 in radio?

September 12, 2021 02:46AM
I was a semi-regular listener to Art Bell's Coast To Coast, with an AM radio on a shelf by the electronics workbench, I'd tune all around AM at night, but didn't know that Andy was on that time. I think I heard about it, he might have even told me, but the only way I've heard the actual show and details about it through the years has been through your recording and your recounting of it.

Interesting psychological effect you've detailed, where the memory of something can be erased by an extreme event right after.

No, it didn't make me forget to tune to Art Bell, I would have been recording too. I was away that night, at a friend's or camping? That I don't remember, but was somewhere not listening to the radio. I got in real late in the morning, it was something like 8-9 am, and I conked out until late in the afternoon, and my mother told me about the planes sometime after I woke up. She did right, I'm not an atrocity tourist, so I just listened to an outline of the attack and that was it.

I know, it is a shame, Andrew might be world famous and a household name right now if that hadn't happened, it feels like he was ripped off, just like so many rock bands where some fluke happened and they lost their chance at the big time. Randy California from Spirit was invited to go to England with Jimi Hendrix, but his mom wouldn't let him go, thinking he was too young to go abroad.

Boom
Subject Author Views Posted

Yeah, 9/11, but remember the night of 9/10/2001 in radio?

ThaDood 401 September 11, 2021 01:14AM

Re: Yeah, 9/11, but remember the night of 9/10/2001 in radio? Download now, on Archive.org!

ThaDood 354 September 12, 2021 02:29AM

Re: Yeah, 9/11, but remember the night of 9/10/2001 in radio?

Radio Animal 357 September 12, 2021 02:46AM

Re: Yeah, 9/11, but remember the night of 9/10/2001 in radio? Here's more!!!

ThaDood 353 September 13, 2021 01:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login