Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open letter from Allan Weiner at WBCQ

July 27, 2021 10:20AM
[Received on 27 July 2021. --Lw]

Dear devoted radio folks,

I write this memo out of total frustration with my government, pertaining specifically to the FCC.

About one year ago I tendered an application to purchase WHRI international shortwave radio in South Carolina USA to add to the family of WBCQ free speech radio stations.

Since then, the FCC has refused to act and grant me my request to purchase the station. Normally this request would take around six weeks to process.

Repeated attempts to communicate with the FCC and its personnel have gone unanswered. Both by me and my FCC attorney. As a long time shortwave broadcaster, I do not understand why the big holdup. I am an american citizen and have a right to buy a radio station. My attorney has suggested that this has gone beyond just a processing delay and that the FCC is against me broadcasting religious content on the radio. This is directly against my first amendment constitutional rights.

I am doing all that I can to preserve free speech on the radio airwaves. I am reaching out to you public conveyors of radio truth to let the radio enthusiasts know about this and ask for your help in getting the FCC to grant my request to purchase WHRI. Not only for the sake of free speech radio, but to save these great stations from the scrapyard and keep shortwave radio alive for future generations.

I am available anytime for further comment and interview at 207-889-0039.

Thank you all kindly and be safe and well.

Allan Weiner

WBCQ Radio
Subject Author Views Posted

Open letter from Allan Weiner at WBCQ

cosmikdebris 397 July 27, 2021 10:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login