Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ESE, Earth-Sun-Earth bounce? Possible? Maybe....

July 18, 2020 02:26PM
Ya know... If we have EME, (Earth-Moon-Earth.), bounce, could we possibly have Earth-Sun-Earth bounce? Possibly. I remember back in the 80's and 90's where ops would swear that they would hear their signal on a same FREQ that they've keyed up on 20min earlier. There was that subject with Art Bell on C2C AM over 20 years ago, where someone either called-in, or was the interviewed guest, where they talked about like a 20min delay signal coming back to them. Art then said, "That happened to me! I was on 15M, (21MHz), and about 20min later, I heard my voice key back to me from my last transmission!". Weird, but no one seemed to explore this subject after that. Now, doing the math, what's out in space that would take the time period of about 20min at the speed of light, about 10,000,000 meters per sec, to bounce an RF signal. Why not the Sun? You might argue, "That's too F'n far!", but consider just how much bigger of a reflector it could be than the Moon and Earth, or any of the planets in the known solar system. Could the Sun's atmosphere be attenuative? Maybe... But, just how reflective is the Sun's surface on various RF FREQ's? And, just where is the data that supports, or dispels, that? Passing though here... Ya think that this is a questions to pose to Dr. Tamitha Skov? She now has her amateur radio ticket. [www.spaceweatherwoman.com]
Subject Author Views Posted

ESE, Earth-Sun-Earth bounce? Possible? Maybe....

ThaDood 600 July 18, 2020 02:26PM

Re: ESE, Earth-Sun-Earth bounce? Possible? Maybe???

ThaDood 502 July 29, 2020 05:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login