Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AM Rally this February 1 - 3, 2020! 6M and 2M AM for Techs?

January 30, 2020 12:31PM
Looking forward to the AM Rally this GHD weekend to see if Timtron, WA1HLR, will see his shadow. But, a question was risen to me on, "Where can Tech Class ops do AM?". Yeah... They are kind of limited, since the majority of the AM portions of the HF bands are in the General's Regions. Well, you've got 6M AM at 50.400MHz. For years I've operated there as a Tech on AM back in the 1990's with a Kenwood TS-60S and a Halo antenna, and got out over 50 miles on some Saturday night 6M AM round tables. And, if you have the capability, there's 2M AM. Now here no one seems to agree where to really operate, but if you do a search for 2M AM activity, you get sites that mention various pockets of 2M AM activity. [sites.google.com] , [amfone.net] , [forums.qrz.com] Yeah, not just here, but around the world no one seems to have agreement where to do 2M AM. Me, I've tried 144.250MHz and no one has bothered me up there. It's above the majority of the 2M CW / SSB, and just below the Beacon Portion. So, you might have to research where to do 2M AM in your area. Another thing that you can do, and I did this several times on a Tech Class years ago, is to goto a friend's QTH whom holds a higher class and operate using his / hers class on HF, (Including their call when you ID yours.) So Techs, don't be intimidated that you have limited AM space. It can be had. [www.amrally.com]
Subject Author Views Posted

AM Rally this February 1 - 3, 2020!

ThaDood 690 January 11, 2020 12:19PM

Re: AM Rally this February 1 - 3, 2020! 6M and 2M AM for Techs?

ThaDood 619 January 30, 2020 12:31PM

Re: AM Rally this February 1 - 3, 2020! NICE!!!!

ThaDood 590 February 03, 2020 12:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login