Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: LPAM proposals, studies, and map.

April 27, 2018 03:25PM
LPAM is doomed, just as the standard AM broadcast service is, by the noise caused by millions of crappy consumer electronic devices polluting the spectrum. Have you tried lately to listen to the AM band while driving through a suburban or urban area in the United States? Every home that has a big TV, cable modem and wifi hub completely destroys the band and overcomes all but the strongest AM signals. It seems that every fire department, traffic light, 7/11, and grocery store spews massive RF hash and noise, probably because of the same kind of cheap consumer-grade electronics and other gadgets. Many of the now popular solar panel systems are also guilty of spewing RF garbage all over the spectrum.

The TIS network in the area where I live is unlistenable because it's overcome by noise, is poorly maintained resulting in scratchy, distorted phone-quality sound, and has utterly useless, uninformative content. At one point I was in favor of turning over the TIS network to schools or local non-profits, but now I believe that it's a complete waste of taxpayer dollars and should be completely eliminated.
Subject Author Views Posted

LPAM proposals, studies, and map.

ThaDood 1037 April 27, 2018 11:52AM

Re: LPAM proposals, studies, and map.

cosmikdebris 852 April 27, 2018 03:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login