ff
September 04, 2015 07:37PM
Well Hinterbart, I will let others comment on your questions. I ran an LPFM in the late 80s when it wasn't as technically easy to do. All I will say is that if you'd like to get the attention of the local FM stations (who will consider you as poaching their listeners even if you can count them on the fingers of one hand), who will then report you to the Feds, then by all means fire up a transmitter. The ONLY way you will get any audience at all is if you operate for LONNNNG and regular periods. And even your enthusiastic friends will be peeling off within a week, bored with your fare, but will probably never admit it to you. Yeah, it's easy to do nowadays, but maybe you should "flitter" about it for a bit longer. Having said all that, although shortwave radios are only in about ONE percent of American homes, these people are AVID radio listeners, many who are tickled to hear and QSL pirates. Even the FCC pretty much leaves us alone - IF - we take good care to avoid interference with legal users - which is easier to do now with the current mass exodus to the Internet. It's your choice, but to me it's a no-brainer...
Subject Author Views Posted

Need help understanding

hinterbart 1951 September 04, 2015 04:13PM

Re: Need help understanding

ff 1566 September 04, 2015 07:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login