Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 6965AM, XFM,

March 08, 2015 11:33AM
1st caught at 02:30UTC, signal peaked to maybe an S1. Very enjoyable playlist with not the usual classic rock that you're stuck with from other pirates, but a nice mix of album cut modern rock with only a couple of classics. Playlist included AC/DC, 10 Years, new Avid Dancer, Linkin Park, Lenny Kravitz, Madonna, TV On The Radio, Cake, Interpol, They Might Be Giants, Gorillas, Garbage, Black Keys, album cut of 9 Inch Nails, Bad religion, I Make It Weak, Hooverphonic, Magic Wands, and ending with Johnny Cash's - Hurt. Neat promos like this one at 03:22UTC, "Over 30,000 radio stations licensed in the US. This isn't one of them!". Mentioned TX'ing C-QUAM stereo. E-mail address of xfmshortwave@gmail.com Great announcing skills. Even when he was talking off the top of his head, he didn't sound like a babbling idiot on-air (Like me.). Announcer, DJ Red Head, read e-mailsand said he was getting out to C. America. Reminded folks about DST time set. Plans in the works for MW TX's. Took a more mellow tone to playlist at 05:00UTC due to listenership dropping off and beer running low. After Johnny Cash and promos, went off-air at 05:46UTC. Although a weak signal where I was, still and enjoyable one, especially when QRM / QRN went lowed after 03:30UTC at my end. Could compare this broadcast to professional DJ alumni on a college station, but better.
Subject Author Views Posted

6965 XFM

BramStoker 845 March 07, 2015 11:14PM

Re: 6965AM, XFM,

ThaDood 910 March 08, 2015 11:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login