Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Community Radio (???) 1710 00:20-01:09 SIO all 2's

December 26, 2022 07:47PM

Fringe reception, fading back and forth between the Hudson TIS and a music station, with each one peaking up at times.

00:20 Ray Parker - A Woman Needs Love

00:23 Male announcement, into music with a chorus.

00:26 Announcer with pro sounding cadence, "..New Years Day.."

00:29 Classic, Hot Fun In The Summer Time song.

00:31 Time Won't Let Me song

00:33 Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle -signal peaking up

00:35 Sounds Like Gary Puckett And The Union Gap.

00:40 Possibly Abba, I Do I Do I Do.

00:42 Greenback Dollar song

00:49 "Roswell New Mexico.. ", weather report, ".. high of 40 tomorrow, partly cloudy tonight, sunshine tomorrow, right now partly cloudy skies and 28 degrees.. Peggy Lee had the right idea.. gonna have a 'fevaa' into Peggy Lee's Fever.

00:52 Herb Alpert - Taste Of Honey

00:59 "community radio .. on 87.9 FM and 1710 AM Community Radio ??? If you have a comment or suggestion about our programming (fade) into singing jingle, hits and songs?

01:00 1 khz tone beeps up to the top of the hour.

01:05 Music with piano

01:07 Mike Sambello - Maniac

Recording, edited: http://boomerthedog.com/1710-12-26-22-Kiwi.opus

The Hudson TIS isn't really blocking anything, it's weak tonight, and the tonal quality of the music station is quite different, lots more bass that cuts through, so it's easy to distinguish over Hudson, and they only occasionally double.

Political commentary: Some say pirates are a waste of airwaves, but has the Hudson TIS ever done anything substantial for anyone? It's always sounded broken and while it did have standard Covid information last year, that everyone had, now it's back to a short loop message about having technical problems, with no useful service that I can hear, and this has been running for several months now.

During the winter event over this weekend I heard Hudson broadcast no emergency information, just the loop. Same with my local TIS on 1670, it's been running the standard test loop and apparently nothing else for years, saying to tune in under emergency conditions, but they're just crying wolf. Urgent waste of taxpayers' money?

Listener equipment: Kiwi radio with new cheap active whip.

Boomer Dog
Subject Author Views Posted

Radio Animal 118 December 26, 2022 07:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login