Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WDOG-WBUZ 6900 USB 19:11 - 21:13

January 30, 2022 03:22PM
19:11 tune in, SIO 344

Beatles Twist And Shout live, 19:13 sung jingle ID over crowd sound "W???" More live Beatles - Have Some Fun Tonight. 19:15 Can't Buy Me Love. 19:17 quick spoken ID (? fade), English accent into Bye Bye Baby, right into I'm A Loser live, Boys, Roll Over Beethoven, Twist And Shout, 19:27 Saw Her Standing There, I Want To Hold Your Hand, a medley.

19:34 Howls and barks, I think I know who this is!.. :) Beatles I Feel Fine. In the middle of this song the transmitter suddenly zipped up in freqency for a few seconds and then came back to 6900, hey you slipped and bumped the knob!

She's A Woman, at the end howling and barking dogs in the audience. 19:43 Nowhere Man, Paperback Writer. Sung jingle ID WGAD? Song I'm Down, I Feel Fine, *barks* into Dizzy Miss Lizzy, barks, 19:58 Ticket To Ride, Put Me In The Movies, Hard Day's Night, "The song is called Help!" into Help! at 20:06,

20:08 "This is WDOG" 95 percent I got the call letters this time, hound dog baying, into "last song" I'm Down, all howls at end, with CW to fade.

This was a real Beatles rave-up!

Wait wait, maybe there's more.. half a minute later Tubeway Army's Are Friends Elecric started, with some CW code mixed in a few times, and then dog barks. The song sounds edited, chopped up. ID at end, "This is WBUZ" into. Don't know if this is a different station, but I think it's still DOG, the audio and propagation characteristics seem the same.

Into new wave music. Nice change of format, dog howls on song interludes.

"What's going on, it's WBUZ" ID, whispered into mic like Joe Biden would do in a press conference. Pop punk tunes, not as familiar with this format to know the songs, but Dead Kennedys style and such. Radio USA would have played this during a more 'pop' moment. Song with lyric 'I don't know what to do in my life' 20:26 radio tuning noises, into What Do I Get.

Hollow Inside (?) song, I know this artist, can't remember the name, "You are listening to Professor PE Magnetron on WBUZ Shortwave" Getting some long fades now.

20:43 ID with dogs bark, announcer may have said to quiet down. The microphone does not seem to be crisp enough for the voice announcements to cut through well, or he's wearing a face mask. Song with 'Falling in love with someone' lyrics.

20:53 ID, pretty strong, mostly sure, "This is WDOG". Could be BOG. Radio tuning sounds, song: So Real? WDOG ID.

21:10 "WDOG concluding its retro broadcast on the 43 meter band." Song 'How can you ever let me down' Looks like the power was raised for a few seconds and the signal spread out on the display near the end.

21:13 sign off.

Audio response from 100 hz to 2700 hz on Kiwi display, nice to hear a little more bass on SSB.

Great to finally hear an actual WDOG show live! I've heard recordings and saw their SSTV QSLs on the underground radio groups, but I don't think I've heard them like this. Thanks so much, from a dog lover!

PS, I've seen a QSL that someone else got recently, and it looks like the old one from the 1980s that you see in books, would this be the same station?

Boomer
Subject Author Views Posted

WDOG-WBUZ 6900 USB 19:11 - 21:13

Radio Animal 203 January 30, 2022 03:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login