Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AM rivitalization? AM stereo revive? AM not totally dead, yet.

November 26, 2017 10:00AM
Case in point to why I believe LPAM should be a reality. GIVE IT TO US! With translators littering the FM bandscape, and some commercial AM stations going off-air, there's plenty of room for LPAM, compared to the over crowding FM today. I'd never thought that I'd see the day where the FM landscape up in P.O. Box 452-land went from a couple receivable FM stations in 1980 (And no local FM stations at all.), to a band full of every small craptown stations and translators where 10 stations are airing the very same thing, and a car stereo can hear something on every FM FREQ, 1/2 of that being computer hash from gas pumps, banks, 15MPH school crossing flashers, etc. That area actually lost a couple of AM stations up there that were really rockin' in the 1960's to the early 1980's. Anyway, getting back to LPAM, we have a licensed models that (For the most part.), works with those 10W TIS stations. A lot of them now are being turned off recently. Will the NAB fight LPAM hand and fist? They already are, but they fought LPFM for years and at least we got something out of that. My question to the NAB is, with such limited number of existing commercial stations left, most now with FM translators supplementals, what harm would a few thousand LPAM non-commercial stations hurt? My only answer is the control factor. They elite broadcasting oligarchs don't want the little people to have any more control over a type of mass broadcasting media. That is all that is about, control, and whom has the most and least amount of it. However, they have a weak spot. Clear Channel used suffocation tactics for the last 25 years to grow to the point that they are. That big, gobble all stations, model isn't working too good for them now, is it? They even change their name to iHeart Media to reinvigorate themselves, even with more of an on-line presence. Is it working? Doesn't appears to be, but the top CEO's there don't care. When it all blows up, they'll just buy their desert islands and flee. It's happening to television as well. Look at how big Sinclair Broadcasting Group is. That will blow up soon as well. When it does all come down, eventually, then we have to keep on the LPAM swords and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK! For now, MAX'ing out what can be done with Part #15 limits, and I'm not the only one.
Subject Author Views Posted

AM rivitalization? AM stereo revive? AM not totally dead, yet.

ThaDood 1369 July 18, 2017 05:42PM

jtart 1144 July 19, 2017 06:07AM

Pat Murphy 1179 November 26, 2017 09:14AM

ThaDood 1082 November 26, 2017 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login