Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last year Jan. 2016, NG proposed show about hunting Number Stations?

January 02, 2017 12:28PM
Whelp, January of 2016 brought out a neat call for DX'ers about a proposed National Geographic TV special about DF'ing and checking out number stations. Several of you, including myself, went through the process of several Skype interviews, sent PIC's of yourself and set-ups, and e-mails back and forth, then nothing buy February. I wonder if my questions to them made them think, "OK, you DF and find the source of a numbers station. Then what? It's not like they will welcome you with open arms, but will be armed to the teeth for curious wonderers like you." They didn't have an answer for that. Well, I suspect the answer is clear that the project was scrapped. I've got to admit, it went further than that last TV of radio program. About the same time that Viacom acquired CBS, they proposed another Amazing Race show where they would use amateur radio operators throughout the course. And since that route was going through NYS's Rt 86, I tried to hop on that like flies on dog crap. However, it didn't make it past the proposal stage. Makes me wonder now of what Hollywood will propose that maybe of actual interest to us radio-wise, only to be scrapped for 2017?
Subject Author Views Posted

Last year Jan. 2016, NG proposed show about hunting Number Stations?

ThaDood 1164 January 02, 2017 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login