Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: In Norway, your (analog) radio may stop working soon.

April 21, 2015 12:12PM
Now if this isn't a loud cry for pirates to take to the airwaves, then I don't know what is. It would certainly give them a kick. In various spots in the USA there's analog pirate TV for just that reason. There are still millions of analog RX'ing TV's and VCR's out there. Does Norway actually think that folks will just trash all of their analog radios, even in 2017? I don't think so. Over here, IBOC, Digital HD Radio, DAB, or whatever the "F" ya call it, is a farce that seems to work in only the best of RX'ing conditions. Any noise, fading, weak signal, and the radios just default right back to good 'ol analog anyways. The technology is just not perfected, yet. And I doubt that it will be by the time 2017 rolls around for Norway. Remember when Canada tried doing this with DAB stations from the CN Tower about 15 years ago up in the 1.9GHz region? That went as well as a fart in church, so do I predict that total DAB will go in Norway. Still, it will be neat to watch this as a test bed. Ya know that the National Association of Buttlickers will be.
Subject Author Views Posted

In Norway, your (analog) radio may stop working soon.

RF-1170 1538 April 20, 2015 10:25PM

BramStoker 1003 April 20, 2015 11:18PM

jtart 1044 April 21, 2015 07:24AM

ThaDood 1101 April 21, 2015 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login