Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HV Short of RFM Passes Away  

January 04, 2017 10:40AM
Another sad bit of news to pass along here. HV Short of Radio Free Massachusetts (RFM) and personal friend passed away August 2, 2016. I first met HV back in the early 1990s and visited with him at his home several times talking about the free radio hobby and what not. We lost contact with each other for several years but I always remembered our enjoyable visits and how he was doing. Then in early June of 2016 I received an email from HV stating he was seeing my postings on HFU and that he had just got back into the hobby after seeing that RFM was inducted into the North American Pirate Radio Hall Of Fame back in 2012. He was wondering how many of the guys we both knew from the 90s were still around and we had a few email exchanges in the early summer last year. He was "SHORTY" on the HFU boards. I was planning on visiting with him again then my emails started going unanswered. This morning I did a Google search and found his obituary online. Don't know what made me do it but after seeing the recent postings of two other deaths in the free radio hobby it gave me a bad feeling. I was shocked and saddened to hear about HV's passing last year. RIP sir, you were a great friend and I will always cherish our friendship and great times spent together. HV Short was 79 years old.

From his online obituary: "(HV Short), 79, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 after being stricken ill earlier in the day. (HV Short) worked as an electrical engineer for the Raytheon Corp. for many years before his retirement in 2006. In his younger years (HV Short) was an active auto racer and throughout his life was active with his short wave radio. A celebration of life is being planned for September."

Joe Filipkowski JR
Warwick, Rhode Island
joeflips@gmail.com

Grundig 750/ICOM IC7200/Kenwood TS450/RTLSDR/SDRPlay1&2 w/SDRuno/KiwiSDR/Yaesu FTDX3000/Tecsun PL880
Dipole antenna up 35 feet into MFJ 1020C active antenna/MFJ Versa Tuner 2
Slinky antenna up 20 feet
40m dipole/160-6m Carolina Windom antenna up 40 feet
135 foot All Band dipole antenna up 45 feet
Subject Author Views Posted

HV Short of RFM Passes Away  

JoeFLIPS 1418 January 04, 2017 10:40AM

Re: HV Short of RFM Passes Away  

jtart 1102 January 04, 2017 07:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login