Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The saga of the well-travelled WRTH

April 28, 2015 07:39AM
Or: Why the Post Office is losing money...

Let me start by saying that I do not purchase a new WRTH every year, like some folks do. So when a friend bought a new one and offered his old copy to me, I accepted. Hey, it's newer than the one I've been using so why not?

It entered the postal system as Media Mail from his location in Central Pennsylvania on Tuesday, the 21st of March. Nothing was seen about it for three days until it arrived at Jersey City, NJ. Hmmm; not exactly the most direct route to Belfast, is it? The "expected delivery" date posted was Monday, the 27th.

Another three days later it processed through St Paul, MN. Say what?

This morning I saw that it had processed through Des Moines, IA, and the "expected delivery" date is gone.

That book is getting to travel all over the country, and at a discount postal rate no less! Now I understand that Media Mail is a lower priority, but this is just plain stupid. Not one but *several* somebodies haven't looked at the mailing label - they're just tossing it into any old sorting bin!

If the WRTH makes it to either Alaska or Florida, I'm gonna be upset because *I* haven't made it to either state yet!

America needs a sense of humor...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 07:42AM by jtart.
Subject Author Views Posted

The saga of the well-travelled WRTH

jtart 1251 April 28, 2015 07:39AM

Re: The saga of the well-travelled WRTH

BramStoker 919 April 28, 2015 09:49AM

Re: The saga of the well-travelled WRTH

jtart 975 April 28, 2015 01:13PM

Re: The saga of the well-travelled WRTH - update

jtart 979 May 01, 2015 09:05AM

BramStoker 967 May 01, 2015 09:26AM

clobdell 1112 May 09, 2015 01:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login