Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Could this be a chance to tell the NAB to GO TO HELL?

September 07, 2014 12:05PM
I think it's an *excellent* opportunity to tell the NAB (and the FCC) where to go. I pretty much stopped watching TV years ago - as the old song said, "57 channels and nothing on"... Today all you have to choose from are a bunch of dumb talk shows and dumber "reality" shows (that are nowhere near reality) and absolutely nothing worth a dime per month, let alone $70/mo and rising.

I don't own a TV set and, using dial-up, I can't stream. And I do not miss it. (Of course, I don't own a smart phone, either!) If there's ever a program I want to see I'll wait until I can buy the DVD set at WallyWorld or something like that. It's not that I'm a luddite, but I was raised on radio and still enjoy it. It's "free".

Dude is correct; when the Buffalo stations went digital they lost thousands of viewers; there's NO WAY you can get them out here in the sticks unless you live on a hilltop. Reason? The FCC's engineers decided that by going digital the stations could get by with just 10% of the analog xmtr power! It's taken this long for them to acknowledge their errors and start granting massive power increases to those stations. And it's going to take even longer for those stations to build out the higher powered digital transmitters.

America needs a sense of humor...
Subject Author Views Posted

Could this be a chance to tell the NAB to GO TO HELL?

ThaDood 1592 September 05, 2014 11:09PM

Radio Animal 1242 September 06, 2014 02:08AM

ThaDood 1190 September 06, 2014 11:06AM

Ragnar 1277 September 07, 2014 07:52AM

ff 1107 September 07, 2014 10:54AM

jtart 1352 September 07, 2014 12:05PM

Pat Murphy 1210 September 07, 2014 06:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login