Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sold: Icom R-75 communications receiver

December 12, 2015 11:12AM
Gone on its' way to a new home!

Yes, I'm selling my venerable R-75, serial# 002930. Comes with the AD-55A power pak, owner's manual, MB-23 carrying handle and feet, and the original box, which is in new condition.

I've made three minor modifications (all are easily reversible). I replaced the 1st IF 15 kHz xtal filter with a 9 kHz xtal filter which really tightens up the front end, making it a better DX machine. I did the partial MW attenuator removal since I live in an area without much MW RFI. And I added a capacitor from the chip to Ground to make the "S" in S-AM stop blinking on and off.

There's also one minor boo-boo: When performing one of the mods I allowed my soldering iron to touch the plastic above the left side of the LCD display, leaving a small melted spot. It's on the top, not the front. It bothers me, but it's hardly noticable when the radio is in use.

This is the original R-75 design with the Motorola "AM stereo" chip, lending itself to some KIWA mods, if you are so inclined.

It was my primary receiver for several years and has brought in quite a bit of DX, both pirate and otherwise. So, why am I selling it? Because I just acquired a more top-end receiver (with a bandscope!) and as much as I'd like to, I don't have the room to keep everything.

It works perfectly but it must be sold "as-is", as is normal for used electronics.

Asking $550, shipped to you. The Icom box will be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed into another box for shipping.

Contact me direct or via PM here.

Thanks for reading. 73 and great DX! jta

New (legible) photo attached for your viewing pleasure!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 01:15PM by jtart.
Attachments:
open | download - R-75.jpg (117.1 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

Sold: Icom R-75 communications receiver Attachments

jtart 2495 December 12, 2015 11:12AM

Re: For Sale: Icom R-75 communications receiver

jtart 1921 December 28, 2015 04:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login