Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WBCQ 9330 jammed by numbers station?

January 01, 2014 11:49AM
Happy 2014! Well, I've already e-mailed the following to Allen Weiner and to some of you, as well as the MP3 recording. So to save myself some type, 'cause I'm lazy now, here's a copy of what I wrote:

"Hey Allen!!!
Happy New Year, but what a bizzare way to start it off. Last night, just before I went to bed, I went through the memory channels in the Kenwood to hear something coming over the top of you on 9330KHz AM at 07:40UTC, or 2:40AM EST. It sounded like a Spanish numbers station followed by a series of packet bursts, then repeates. For the first 5min upon coming across this, that numbers / packet burst absolutely obliterated you. Then after that it was an RF pissing contest between you two. I finally got wise and recorded 3min of this at 07:50UTC with the MP3 recorder. Then the numbers / packet just went off at 07:54UTC. There was no HET, that station was dead-nuts on your FREQ. And I even went narrow-band to be sure it wasn't something +/- 5KC's from FREQ. Have you ever heard of this before? It certainly was different."

So, I thought that it was weird enough to hear a numbers station with a series of packet bursts, let alone have it cover over a WBCQ FREQ while they were still on-air. Weird.
Subject Author Views Posted

WBCQ 9330 jammed by numbers station?

ThaDood 1403 January 01, 2014 11:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login