Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

49.850MHz NBFM, MX over Baby Monitor FREQ.

July 15, 2014 03:05PM
Just going through the memory CH's and bitching about just how band the propagation is spectrum-wide today. I have several of the old 49MHz cordless phone and Baby Monitor FREQ's in memory CH's and heard music on what is now the new CH2 = 49.850MHz NBFM, (CH1 being 49.870MHz today.) Heard modern country tunage then hip-hop, then what sounded like someone skipping through a track selection on an MP3 player, then heard the long version of Hall & Oats - Out Of Touch, followed by a new top 40 track that I've heard before, but the artist escapes me. Then back to modern country. Music was at a good volumn, but with a hallow sound to it, so I surmised that someone just had the TX monitor's mic near a speaker. No talking, but could hear someone laugh in the background. Signal was full quieting, but no "S" readings. Was hearing all this on a 6M HORZ halo antenna. Switched to the VERT 6M whip, lost it. Only comes in HORZ. Could someone be using this as a crude wireless music extender? It certainly is different. Oh yeah, time = 19:45UTC.
Subject Author Views Posted

49.850MHz NBFM, MX over Baby Monitor FREQ.

ThaDood 1784 July 15, 2014 03:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login